Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Morning Star Count, August 3, 2015

Ooh, I didn't schedule this post ahead of time and now it's Monday afternoon.  No worries though, I have done MORE than enough piecing this week to make up for it.
Just look at these...

These are all the hexies I have freed by joining more units and more sashing strips.  BTW, next time I say, "Oh, I'll just add sashing to my EPP project" someone shake some sense into me.  The progress here is sooo deceiving.  The units get done, but the assembly just takes forever.  I am absolutely loving the look though.

In other news, today is the last day of my summer break and tomorrow I'll head back to work and my sanity saving routine of 10 minutes of EPP per day (not the 2+ hours I must have put in every day the last week).  Small progress, big smiles.
What have you accomplished since last post?

****************************

4 comments:

  1. This has got to be a real time hog but it is turning out so beautiful and you will have an heirloom treasure when your done! Keep going, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to school starting and having less time for quilting fun ~ I'm a first grade teacher. I still have 3 weeks until my in-service days start, but we probably end the year later than you do. I love the dark sashing in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the slow progress on the sashing strips. My stars go together quickly - just 6 diamonds, 3 each of 2 colors. But then there's the 6 white diamonds that go around it...
    But keep going, it's looking really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved following the links and being inspired by what I saw. I'm very new to EPP and looking for inspiration where to head after the pincushion I'm currently working on :)

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...