Wednesday, July 10, 2013

(almost) Wordless Wednesday

I really wanted to be all removed and post just a photo today (which I already posted a few hours ago on Instagram), but then I read this really awesome post, and had to stay true to myself..

I brought my quilting to the beach today and stitched 4 hexies together.  That was enough, then I put it away and ate an entire piece of saganaki with a nice big horiatiki ("greek salad").  I even had some beer.  It was a good day.  I hope to have more of these in the future. 
(and hope that you have some too).

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day! Question: how do you get the backs of your hexis to lay so flat? I just made my first ones the other day and they are not nearly so tidy-looking on the back side...I am using 2.5" squares and 1.5" hexi papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...and I ordered your book from Amazon.ca today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you shared the story behind the photo - that sounds like a perfect day - good for you! .. now I want saganaki... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hexies on the beach + Greek bread + beer = it doesn't get any better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its time to give in and learn how to EPP I watched your video , George is adorable btw, and wondered have you tried glue instead of basting?
    so where in NY are you? I am in NJ
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...