Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday


Just checking in with a shot of my pumpkin muffin breakfast from this morning.  C will be on his way to the airport again today to drop off one of our two holiday houseguests.  F had a good visit on her first trip to the States, and C did his best to show her every inch of NYC.  I hung back from most of the outings, but I did tag along to go see American Idiot on Broadway, which I totally LOVED!  The set, the music, the story-- I cried more than a couple times. 
I have been quilting, but sewing time is limited due the proximity of the sewing room to the guestroom and George's latest boycott of naptime.  I have put quite a few stars onto Travel Quilt #3 though, and it's ready to accompany us on our trip to Chicago on Monday. 

I'm bringing a few other hand projects (all ancient UFOs) and we'll see how much time I get to sew over the next 2 weeks.  My quilting goal for 2011 is to finish some UFOs, and I'll try hard to stick to it.  I'd also like to stop buying fabric, but whenever I put that restriction on myself I find I break it on purpose.  I'd rather just try to appreciate what I have and put it into as many quilts as possible.  I finished 5 quilts and 2 miniquilts in 2010, which is really good for me.  I also gifted 3 of the quilts and both minis, which is HUGE because I am not the most generous person by nature and I really made an effort to change that last year.  At the moment, I have 2 gift quilts planned for this year, but I'd like to up that number by December if possible.  Fingers crossed for a productive quilting year in 2011. 

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this quilt - it is just GORGEOUS!!!!! If you really feel the need to up your generousity quota feel free to send it my way - no just kidding! I think it is destined to become a treasured familt heirloom. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jess! Your star top is looking so great. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...and yes...don't say what you won't do, because then you will do...I made that mistake..and then I found myself buying fabric on sale...smiles.

    I have justified it by stating that for all new fabric i purchase, it must be used for a charity piece. No, not even for a gift. I have plenty of special fabric for gift giving, until i clear out some...enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! How wide is it? Have fun in Chicago. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt quite interested in American Idiot and now I MUST go see it. Too bad Broadway is so darned expensive!

    Have fun in Chicago! I can't wait to see what you've done when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is SO fun to look at. Sometimes I see stars and sometimes tumbling blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...